Sunday, January 17, 2010

What America Needs

is strong, principled leadership. We have leadership, it's not strong, and it's not principled. Don't get me wrong, there are probably a number of fine individuals in congress and in the Senate, but they have consciously or unconsciously become puppets to special interests or the party pedagogy. When I voted for a representative, I voted for the best person I could. I didn't vote for a party, I didn't vote for special interests, I wanted a person who saw the world about the same way I do, and I expect him to vote his conscience, not what is dictated to him by party leadership, or the special interests that funnel re-election money toward the representative.

This country is in trouble on many fronts: 1) Out of control deficits, 2) Illegal Immigration, 3) Two wars, 4) and complacency.

I can't affect the deficits directly, I can only report illegal immigrants when I see them, I support our troops, and feel proud every time I see a young man or woman in the airport wearing BDU's. As for complacency, that I can address. I can speak my mind and let my voice be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment